Bernard Golden has been called a “cloud guru” and a “cloud computing rockstar.” He is Vice President, Enterprise Solutions for Enstratius, a leading cloud management software company. In this role, he works with large enterprises throughout the world, helping them migrate to cloud computing and gain its full benefits. Formerly, was the CEO of HyperStratus, a Silicon Valley cloud computing consultancy that works with clients throughout the world.
His status as a global cloud computing thought leader has been recognized by inclusion in a number of influencer lists:
- 2012 Wired.com: Named as a “Top Ten Influential People of Cloud Computing”
- 2012 CloudCamp Cloud Awards: Nominated as “Cloud Hero”
- 2011 Sys-Con Media: Named a “Top 100 Security Most Powerful Voice”
- 2011 AlwaysOn Media: Named as a “Top Twenty Most Important Cloud Blog”
- 2010 AppDynamics poll: Named as third most influential cloud blog
- 2010 Sys-Con Media: Named a “Top 50 Cloud Computing Blogger”
Bernard is the Cloud Computing Advisor for CIO Magazine. His blog has been called “brilliant and incisive” and is read by tens of thousands of people each month. Bernard’s writings on cloud computing have also been published by the New York Times and the Harvard Business Review.
Bernard is a frequent speaker on cloud computing. He regularly presents on the following cloud computing topics: strategy; cloud provider selection; application design; security; ROI and TCO economics; and workforce effects. He has keynoted cloud computing conferences in the United States, Singapore, Seoul, Taipei, and Moscow.
Bernard is the author or co-author of three books on virtualization and cloud computing:
- Virtualization for Dummies (sole author; Dummies Press 2007): the most popular book on the subject ever published.
- Creating the Infrastructure for Cloud Computing (co-author; Intel Press, 2011).
- Cloud Computing: Managing the Risk (co-author; IT Governance Press, May 2012).
Bernard’s sessions at Cloud Connect Chicago include:
Register for Cloud Connect Chicago with priority code SMBlog and save up to $500* on your All Access or Conference Pass.
*Discount calculated based on the on-site price and not combinable with other offers. Offer good on new registrations only. Prices after discount applied: All Access: $1,699.00 Conference: $1,299.00, Keynote & Expo Only: Free