All you city dwellers or environmental enthusiast should know Zipcar as the largest car-sharing company in the world. ZipCar uses the Internet and wireless technology to enable rental cars to emulate personal cars. Much like how cloud technology has provided agility and on-demand access to businesses, Zipcar’s technology gives its members on-demand access to cars by-the-hour. This disruptive technology has revolutionized people’s relationship to their cars and improving the quality of urban life for all.
Some fun facts about Robin you may not know:
- She is on the Board of the World Resources Institute, the National Advisory Council for Innovation & Entrepreneurship for the US Department of Commerce
- She is a graduate of from Wellesley College and the MIT Sloan School of Management
- She was listed as one of Time’s 100 Most Influential People in 2009
- Age when she got started at ZipCar 42
- $75,000 was the early capital Robin and ZipCar got from angel investors. Now compare that to the $491 million amount that Avis agreed to pay for ZipCar*
Be sure to attend Cloud Connect Chicago October 21-23, 2013 at McCormick Place to hear about Robin’s journey with ZipCar and GoLoco and how being an innovator and disruptor was pivotal to the company’s success. Register early to lock in Early Bird rates and save up to $500 on Conference Passes!
*Sourced from Inc.com