In case you missed our big announcement last month, Cloud Connect is heading to Las Vegas! This is significant step forward as we continue to advance the cloud agenda and cover the issues that matter most in enterprise cloud adoption. We began Cloud Connect in the Silicon Valley four years ago, and in that short time we have made tremendous progress in helping to define and evangelize the value of cloud computing. Today its value is impossible to ignore, but the hard work of enterprise integration still lies ahead!
Cloud Connect Summit will take place March 31 – April 1 alongside the mighty Interop Las Vegas. With Interop’s longstanding strength in serving the IT community and Cloud Connect’s focus on the cloud-enabled enterprise, we are taking the next step in helping companies evaluate their cloud options and make the right decisions for their business. As IT and business leaders embrace the cloud model, the time is right to bring Cloud Connect to the largest independent IT event in the US.
With the Cloud Connect Summit we are also planning a new program format developed around “critical cloud decisions.” The final agenda will be crowd-sourced to the Cloud Connect community and zero in on the most pressing cloud technology, policy and organizational decisions and debates facing the cloud-enabled enterprise.
Some of the topics we will explore include:
- In-depth analysis and comparison of the leading cloud stacks
- The role of IT and CIO leaders in the new service provider model
- Embracing IT-as-a-Service, Agile IT and DevOps strategy
- Open Data / Open Clouds and APIs
- Processes for managing SaaS and the heterogeneous cloud environment
- Operational and policy issues, case studies and models for the cloud-enabled enterprise
- Cloud-enabling platforms: Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS), cloud brokers, cloud management platforms (CMPs) and cloud identity management
To complement the 2-day summit we have a number of in-depth workshops planned including:
- OpenStack Boot Camp
- Amazon Web Services Boot Camp
- Infrastructure for Private Clouds
- Orchestration and Management of Federated Applications in Hybrid Clouds
We are gearing Cloud Connect Summit towards a cross-section of disciplines with a stake in the cloud-enabled enterprise. Technology stakeholders include CIO/CTO, architects, senior engineers and IT leaders. Business stakeholders include business analysts, project/program managers and line of business leaders.
I’m really excited to take this important next step with Cloud Connect. Now comes the fun of developing a stellar agenda with the help of an incredible advisory board. More on that and program developments in the weeks ahead.
Viva Las Vegas!