Author Archive: Kristi Ibello
The knowledge and best practices you gain at Cloud Connect Chicago will ultimately help your organization maximize their cloud investment. You’ll come back better prepared to help your company develop strategies to increase efficiency and productivity; and ideas on how to test and implement new, transformative technologies.
Need a little help demonstrating the ROI your trip to Cloud Connect will have? Share the below list which helps demonstrate the importance and impact your trip will have on your organization.
- Discover innovative ways that the cloud can help you boost productivity and create new revenue streams.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and issues, hear industry experts and end users discuss use cases and best practices surrounding their cloud migration.
- Evaluate which cloud stacks and platforms are right for your specific challenges, so you can optimize spend in these key areas.
- Up-level the skills and experience of your organization with CompTIA Cloud Essential Certification.
- Meet with over 30 vendors and find new solutions to your cloud, security, infrastructure or big data questions.
- Anticipate emerging cloud trends so you can plan for any impact on your business.
- Renegotiate service agreements and/or upgrade to the next version by scheduling one-on-one meetings at Cloud Connect.
- Network with like-minded professionals and learn how they are tackling cloud issues in your industry.
- Learn from top peers, analysts and other end users in the Cloud Connect Conference sessions including cloud & private clouds, AWS, CloudStack, and OpenStack
- Connect with thousands of experts — including leaders from companies like ZipCar, Boeing, Sears, and The Weather Company, the brightest innovators in IT — for guidance and advice on the specific challenges your company is facing.
Leverage the Convince Your Manager tools on the Cloud Connect website to get additional details and justification letters to share with your management team. We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!
Cloud Connect Chicago kicks off in just over a month at McCormick Place in Chicago. Cloud Connect is the only venue where you will learn how to leverage the cloud ecosystem to develop new services, new revenue streams and new business models. Over the course of three days, the Conference offers in-depth boot camps, panel discussions and access to a host of industry experts, all designed to help you weigh your cloud options and drive transformation. Here is a list of the top 5 events you will want to add to your schedule. Continue Reading »
1. Independent Analysis
With dilution of cloud washing and vendor-events, Cloud Connect stands alone as the only vendor-neutral event where you receive independent insight into the cloud ecosystem and separate hype from reality.
2. In-Depth Training and Professional Development
Steering clear of impractical high-level theories and self-promotion found at other events, at Cloud Connect you can choose from Summits, Boot Camps, and individual breakout sessions including real-life use cases and “how to’s” to help you drive immediate action with your cloud projects.
3. Community and Networking
Cloud Connect is dedicated to building a community of technology and cloud practitioners across a wide variety of verticals. Immerse yourself and get inspired in a community of practice, sharing, teaching and learning that will supercharge not just your skill sets, but your cloud strategy. Join peers from companies including:
Wells Fargo City of Los Angeles Salesforce.com Hilton Worldwide
Bank of America Microsoft Thomas Reuters JPMorgan Chase
University of Chicago Live Nation AT&T Canon U.S.A., Inc.
4. Subject Matter Experts
Cloud Connect attracts the best and brightest innovators in the industry. Attend over 50+ sessions and Keynotes from presenters hand-picked based on their knowledge and accomplishments.
5. Cloud Stack Wars
Attend over three days of lectures, panels and roundtable discussions on topics like CloudStack, OpenStack, AWS, Virtualization, and Private Clouds. Cloud Connect is the only venue where you can see cloud’s top vendors duke it out.
Register by September 16 to save up to $500 off an All Access Pass for all 3 days of actionable content, invaluable connections and see why Cloud Connect is the must attend cloud event of the year.
All you city dwellers or environmental enthusiast should know Zipcar as the largest car-sharing company in the world. ZipCar uses the Internet and wireless technology to enable rental cars to emulate personal cars. Much like how cloud technology has provided agility and on-demand access to businesses, Zipcar’s technology gives its members on-demand access to cars by-the-hour. This disruptive technology has revolutionized people’s relationship to their cars and improving the quality of urban life for all.
Some fun facts about Robin you may not know:
- She is on the Board of the World Resources Institute, the National Advisory Council for Innovation & Entrepreneurship for the US Department of Commerce
- She is a graduate of from Wellesley College and the MIT Sloan School of Management
- She was listed as one of Time’s 100 Most Influential People in 2009
- Age when she got started at ZipCar 42
- $75,000 was the early capital Robin and ZipCar got from angel investors. Now compare that to the $491 million amount that Avis agreed to pay for ZipCar*
Be sure to attend Cloud Connect Chicago October 21-23, 2013 at McCormick Place to hear about Robin’s journey with ZipCar and GoLoco and how being an innovator and disruptor was pivotal to the company’s success. Register early to lock in Early Bird rates and save up to $500 on Conference Passes!
*Sourced from Inc.com
There is no question OpenStack is hot. Growth of other open source cloud software is flattening but OpenStack enjoys rising interest, developer attention and deployments. Support from a diverse ecosystem of major corporations, governments and startups has allowed OpenStack to grow faster than any project in the history of open source software. As OpenStack enjoys rising market share it is important for developers and IT departments to gain and informed point of view on the status of OpenStack, as well as a more nuanced understanding of how the software might play a role in helping organizations deploy cloud infrastructure to support business units.
That is why Cloud Connect Chicago has expanded its 2013 Conference lineup to include an all new OpenStack Boot Camp and OpenStack Track. These sessions will help you separate marketing hype from what’s real in OpenStack and understand how companies are using OpenStack in production today. Sessions include:
Don’t forget to register for Cloud Connect Chicago by September 16 to save $500 on Conference Passes or claim your FREE Expo Pass. To learn more about the OpenStack sessions at Cloud Connect click here.
There’s no doubt that big Data is growing fast; each year, the generation of global data is doubling, and as it does so it becomes increasingly challenging to manage, interpret, store and secure. In order to stay competitive companies are seeking new big data platforms to help them manage large data sets and strategies that will allow them to turn data into insights which can drive value for their organization.
IT, marketing and digital professionals are spinning trying to untangle the Big Data web. In effort to help these professionals do their jobs better we are excited to announce The Big Data Conference which will be co-located with Cloud Connect Chicago October 21-23, 2013.
The Big Data Conference spans three days, the conference offers in-depth educational programs, workshops, case studies, demonstrations and real-world technology implementations including:
- Large enterprise case studies in key verticals including manufacturing, retail, healthcare, and financial services
- How to structure an organization to take advantage of Big Data
- The big picture: A life-cycle for Big Data management
- How to set the best Big Data strategy for your organization
- Data visualization & interfaces trends
- Breakdown of Hadoop and other Big Data platforms & architectures
SF Giants fans, outdoor activists, and runners… these are just a few interests shared by some of our recently added Cloud Connect speakers. The Cloud Connect 2013 speaker lineup includes top Tech VPs, analysts, PaaS experts, and cloud evangelists who are all leaders in their respective fields. Here are 9 must see speakers we have added to our conference agenda:
Ashesh Badani @asheshbadani
General Manager, Cloud BU and OpenShift, Red
Ben Kepes @benkepes
Blogger, Diversity Limited
Andre Kindness @AndreKindness
Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
Lisa Larson @rackerLLarson
VP of Enterprise Cloud Solutions, Rackspace
Avery Lyford @averylyford
Managing Director, Propell Solutions
John O’Farrell @johnofa
General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
Neal Sample @nsample
Senior Vice President of Technology, American Express
Mark Settle @BMCSoftware
Chief Information Officer, BMC
Ann L. Winblad @Humwin
Co-Founder and Managing Director, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
Check out the full speaker list for Cloud Connect here. Attendee favorites Barb Goldworm, Alistair Croll, and Jeremy Edberg will be returning and addressing new insights on the state of cloud computing, hybrid cloud environments and big data.
There is still time to reserve your Conference Pass to Cloud Connect Silicon Valley, taking place April 2-5 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Register with priority code SMCCBlog and save up to $300* on your Cloud Connect All Access or Conference Pass.
Our speakers look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
*Discount calculated based on the on-site price and not combinable with other offers. Offer good on new registrations only. Prices after discount applied: All Access: $2,099.00 Conference: $1,699.00, Workshop: 799.00, Expo Plus: $150.00,
Expo Only: Free
What do names like VMware, Oracle, Cisco, and IBM all have in common? They are participating in Cloud Connect Silicon Valley 2013. The Conference and Expo program is filling up with leading industry players making Cloud Connect Silicon Valley the must attend cloud event for 2013!
Industry heavy hitters SoftLayer, Red Hat, VMware, Oracle, Rackspace and Citrix will be taking center stage at this year’s Conference and Expo. With all the news recently surrounding these key players the Expo will be nothing short of exciting. Issues including hybrid cloud management, security, and open cloud will be pushed front and center.
The Cloud Connect Conference also boasts some notable sessions including speakers from Netflix, Amazon Web Services, and Citrix to name a few. Here’s our list of the top 5 must attend sessions:
- Jinesh Varia, Technology Evangelist, Amazon Web Services
- Adrian Cockcroft, Director, Architecture, Netflix
- Lori MacVittie, Senior Technical Marketing Manager, F5 Networks
- Jesse Lipson, VP of Data Sharing, Citix
- Wayne Walls, Developer Advocate, Rackspace
- Steve Riley, Technical Leader, Riverbed Technology
That is just a snapshot of the topics and speakers that will be covered. Preview the full Conference lineup here. Early Bird registration ends in two weeks, register now and save yourself $500 on Conference Passes.
We look forward to seeing you in April!
Cloud Connect was recently named one of the Top Cloud Computing Events of 2013 by Enterprise CIO Forum. We are proud to have topped the list and be named the Conference and Expo where IT professionals come for the latest cloud computing training and information. Here are 10 reasons why you should register and join us April 2-5 in Silicon Valley:
10) SEE NEW PRODUCTS. Find new solutions to your cloud, security, infrastructure and projects.
9) ENGAGE WITH MULTIPLE COMPANIES AT ONE TIME. Meet with 100+ industry leaders including VMware, Citrix, Cisco, Softlayer, Rackspace, IBM, Oracle and more!
8 ) SEE SPECIFIC COMPANIES OR PRODUCTS. Ready to renegotiate service agreements and/or upgrade to the next version? Make the most of your time by scheduling meetings at Cloud Connect.
7) CREATE AND STRENGTHEN PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIPS. Grab breakfast, lunch or a beer and make connections that will help you throughout the year.
6) PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Learn from peers, analysts and other end users in the Cloud Connect Conference sessions including cloud & big data, virtualization, security, and how to build private and public clouds.
5) KEEP UP-TO-DATE ON INDUSTRY TRENDS AND ISSUES. Hear industry experts and end users discuss use cases and best practices surrounding their cloud migration. Check out the 2013 Keynote Speakers.
4) SEE EXISTING SUPPLIERS. Gain insight into competition and find what others are delivering or how they are providing service.
3) NETWORK WITH COLLEAGUES. With so many like-minded professionals under one roof, learn how others are tackling similar problems in your industry.
2) SEE PRODUCTS “IN-PERSON” FIRST REVIEWED ONLINE. Touch, test and question all the new technologies you’ve read about.
1) DEEP DIVE WORKSHOPS. Gain new skills and help advance your career by attending one of Cloud Connects Workshops including Big Data, Cloud Crash Course, Advanced Cloud Courses, and Navigating PaaS.
BONUS REASON) An incredible value! Register now and pay just $1,899 for all 4 days of actionable content, invaluable connections and essential training.
Cloud Connect teamed up with Everest Group to conduct a first of its kind research project around the enterprise adoption of cloud computing. The survey looked at how businesses currently use cloud computing and examined their future adoption plans.
The results suggest a changing buyer mindset that will challenge our current assumptions and serve as a reality check for cloud suppliers. The biggest disconnect in the results found that buyers and providers see cloud adoption drivers differently.
- Business users are adopting for agility, flexibility and time-to market advantages
- Whereas service providers believe it’s due to cost.
This suggests that providers are stuck in legacy mindset selling ‘next generation infrastructure’ instead of a new paradigm. The following Infographic highlights some of the key takeaways from the research and the top 3 adoption drivers of cloud buyers: Continue Reading »