We’re taking the wraps off our Cloud Connect New York program including a workshop line-up of new topics and crowd favorites from Cloud Connect Las Vegas. As my colleague Emily described, this year’s workshop program covers the entire cloud stack, from the infrastructure building blocks, to cloud application development and managing increasingly heterogeneous cloud environments.
The first workshop I’ll highlight was one of the top attended workshops at Cloud Connect Las Vegas and the instructor scored very highly with attendees.
“Ivan is an amazing speaker and is very knowledgeable on this subject. I follow Ivan’s blog postings closely and consider his lectures a valuable resource.”
“The session was quite informative and the real world examples helped to illustrate the concepts. The instructor went over a wide range of considerations for cloud infrastructure from understanding business needs to technical specifications and considerations and this was quite helpful…”
With that I’m pleased to announce:
Designing Infrastructure for Private Clouds
Instructor: Ivan Pepelnjak | Chief Technology Advisor, NIL Data Communications
Private cloud deployments are often just a glorified facade for server virtualization, missing the flexibility, elasticity and self-service aspects of cloud services. The missteps leading to this sad state usually start in the design phase, making it even more important to focus on the design of your private cloud infrastructure.
This workshop will focus on the design aspects of private cloud infrastructure including:
- Private cloud design principles
- The importance of cloud orchestration software
- Selecting Optimal compute capacity
- Storage aspects, including software-defined storage (SDS)
- Network services implementation (physical appliances or virtualized network services)
- Selecting optimal network virtualization technology
- Designing network infrastructure and network services cluster
After attending this workshop you’ll be able to:
- Prioritize your design and decision-making process
- Evaluate how emerging technologies (SDDC, SDN, SDS, overlay networks) fit into your next-generation data center design
- Select the optimal infrastructure for your private or public cloud deployment.
Who Should Attend:
This workshop targets architects and designers who are planning, designing or building next-generation data centers supporting private cloud services. It will also help server, virtualization, security and networking engineers understand the limitations of traditional data center designs and the options made available with the emerging software-defined technologies.