A post by Scott Bils, Managing Partner, Leverhawk.
As cloud computing matures and success models emerge, enterprises are now getting serious about using cloud to drive business and IT transformation. Successful cloud adoption is about more than technology and platforms though – it also will require a more complete understanding of the true economic, organizational and operational implications of the cloud. Unfortunately these are issues that most IT leaders are ill-prepared to address.
The Cloud IT Executive Summit (CITES) provides an unparalleled opportunity to hear the latest insights from industry experts, thought leaders and enterprise executives who are leveraging cloud and other next generation IT platforms to drive disruptive business strategies and achieve competitive advantage. The Summit will provide an opportunity for forward thinking CIOS and IT decision-makers to engage in peer-level discussions and learn best practices from other executives who are leading the migration to next generation IT models. The CITES sessions will feature a variety of discussions on cloud-enabled transformation, including:
- ITaaS – The New Operating Model with Scott Bils, Managing Partner at Leverhawk
- Cloud Strategy and Economics, with Joe Weinman, Senior VP at Telx
- CIO perspectives on Cloud Strategy with Bob Gill, Research Director at Gartner
- The Future of Cloud Computing, with Jamie Goldstein, Partner at North Bridge Venture Partners,
- Customer Perspectives on Cloud Transformation with Latisys
The Cloud is fundamentally transforming the “business model” of IT, requiring CIOs and their organizations to become service providers themselves. CITES will provide a roadmap for executives seeking to navigate the strategic, organizational and operational issues on the way to transformation.